no.. graphics and multimedia are different
no. He is an artist. I'm a programmer.
no.. I'm a 3D graphics programmer
A programmer can become a graphics programmer
In order to become a graphics programmer you should learn two things.
Any programming course will help.
1) B.Tech 1st year C lab will be a good course.
2) Any course, where you need to think a lot and remember less will help.
3) And yes.. all those Rs.10,000 "REAL TIME PROJECT" courses may not be of any help
You heard it wrong. You might have come across some out-dated compilers.
But the language is not out-dated. Many of today's most advanced games are created in C/C++.
We have ultra-modern compilers for C/C++. If you are using C/C++ don't feel that you are using
one out-dated language. Instead feel proud that you are using a language that has lasted for decades.
If you are willing to learn, you can become a one.
But.. don't be scared. Graphics won't ask you to do any integration or differentiation.
If you are good at geometry and basic trigonometry, you are good enough.
All the tutorials are free of cost. Any one can read them.
But, while writing these tutorials, I had two groups of people in my mind...
1) People good enough at maths and new to programming
2) Programmers who wish to become graphics programmers
Don't worry. You can start with the programming tutorials.
When ever you are stuck with some math concept, just google it.
And I have plans to publish math tutorials as well. So... keep watching for the updates.